The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Guangzhou and Shamian Island Continued.


This was some sort of Choir practice that was occurring several days a week in the park. There was a leader and she had a music chart and was directing and teaching. The singers sang beautiful and loudly. I have video and will post the videos when we return. I wish I could understand what they were singing and I don’t know what it was for. I recognized the words to one of the songs and it began with “Wo ai ni” “I love you”. Many in the group were dressed nicely in skirts and blouses. Anyway, if anyone sings in a choir and complains about their rehearsal, imagine rehearsing outside in 98 degree weather! We take so much for granted.



I thought this was just the cutest!!




We attended Church on Sunday and a Christian State Church just a few blocks away. The service was in English and Chinese. The room was packed and the music was beautiful. We really enjoyed this beautiful opportunity.



Everyday that you walk down the streets and through the parks of Shamian Island, you will see photo shoots happening. Most of these shoots are wedding shoots, but many are also modeling shoots as well. I am not convinced that all of these beautiful and perfect looking couples everyday are actually bride and groom, I imaging that many times it it a shoot for a bridal magazine and other magazines as well. The island has the perfect backdrop for a shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning! Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and the other "Z" families today!

    ReplyDelete

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo