The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Monday, March 8, 2010

HI HO HI HO, ITS OFF TO WORK I GO TO THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH- 20 years of "Making Magic"!





I haven't been updating very much lately because I have been training into new roles and taking extra hours at work. I am so thankful that, although I can work extra hours, I am only obligated to work part time. Sometimes that is all I can do when the kids' activity schedules are packed. The fall is definitely a time when I have to work less and be home/chauffeuring more! Right now, however, I have been working extra hours because Jacob and I have been able to juggle our schedules with the kids and make it work without too much stress. When I can make some extra money, it is really helpful and of course helps me save more for the adoption! I haven't talked about my work on this blog at all, but since I have a lot of time on my hands until our adoption referral comes in, I may as well share a little. I have been working for Walt Disney World for 20 years as an actor/singer/dancer. I have done many many shows throughout the years and am still going strong (well maybe not quite as strong as 15 years ago!). I've done everything from dinner shows, park shows, street theatre, to hosting and animated voices. I also free lance outside of Disney as a commercial actor and spokes person. Now with all of that said, after all these years, I really enjoy just doing my part time schedule now and "subbing" into other shows when needed. My family is where most of my time and energy goes.
I am blessed everyday I walk into my work and look at all of the guests' excitement at being at the "Happiest Place on Earth". I have a great time with my funny friends and enjoy entertaining.

6 comments:

  1. What a neat job! We may make the journey to Disney some time this year. I'll certainly keep my eyes out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great "obligation" to have part-time. No doubt, you're going strong, and you're beautiful! Sounds like you're super talented as well! If we ever venture that way, I'll be sure you're "subbing" so I can watch you perform!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS such a fun job Annie and I love that you share such a great work with us!! And I have seen you perform and it still amazes me. The girls still talk about Cyclone Sally!! And yes you are crafty too, just in a different way! Love the picture of you and Jacob!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie,
    I'm so glad I found your blog. My family is in the process of adopting a little boy from Thailand. We have three biological children and for the last 4+ years have struggled with the decision to adopt and 17 months ago we took the plunge. It's so nice to find other Christian adoptive families. We have been waiting for our referral since last May, we are adopting a 3 year old little boy with some special needs. I thought I would suggest a book that I have loved, it's called "Adopted for Life" by Russell D. Moore and it's a call to all Christians to be involved in the lives of orphans as it is a Biblical mandate. Well, I enjoyed reading about your job, sounds very interesting. We have only been to Disney once but loved it. Have a great week and thanks for sharing your adoption. By the way I'm from Colorado too and am now living in the deep south, Canton GA. I miss the snow too and beautiful blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ow amazing :) Great place to work :) Maybe someday we will meet. MY DREAM is to go to Disney and 6 flags! Never been to eiter but watced all te oter kids go wen I was a kid! LOL Someday I want to do disney for NOa and Jeremia and woever else God sends :)
    Blessings,
    Tami
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo