The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

JUST SOMETHING FUN! JOSHIE OUR SUPER LEARNER

Joshua is in Pre -K. He has always been what I call a "super learner". From the time he could speak, he had all of his letters, shapes, colors, and basic numbers memorized. He would point at them in his books and ask me to repeat them again and again. Sometimes, I would actually have to gently force and redirect playtime so that we didn't just keep looking at those shapes.

My other kids are smart but Josh is unusually advanced. The big kids love it and laugh all the time when he amazes us with a reading or an amazing Lego replica of the Burj Kalifa or the Taipei 101.

I don't sit and push him at all. He WANTS me to read to him A LOT and he asks a lot of questions and then remembers it all.

Jacob and I have this joke line "We're planning to call the institute". We have people i.e. family members, teachers, friends, etc. say to us all the time, "you know, he is very smart." And I will say, "yes, he is." Then they will say it again "no, he is veeery smart", and they will keep staring at me like, what are you going to do about it? So finally Jacob and I started saying just as a joke, "we are planning to call the institute". I have no idea what the institute is, but we are hoping that will please the person asking, LOL!

Anyway, I was reading an article the other night and Joshua was sitting next to me on the couch and started reading it out loud. So we video taped it.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Let us know what the institute says:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on FB...amazing! Kudos to you, though, for letting him be a kid (this from a teacher!). He has plenty of time for the "institute" later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! As a first grade teacher, I am impressed! AND thinking how fun it would be to have him in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I thought Sierra was ( and she is) extrmely smart but she is not reading. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo