The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Consider Becoming a GAL or CASA in your county!


I hope to continue to post every few months about my volunteer work as a GAL (Guardian Ad Litem, also called a CASA Court appointed Special Advocate) in the foster care system.

I feel it is important to volunteer or do outreach, adopt, speak out or relieve suffering on a global level as well as right in our own community. There are so many ways we can help no matter what walk of life in which we may find ourselves. We always say, "I wish I could do something..." Well then, do something! Anything! Just step out and make a choice and do something. You will personally grow and change so much through your volunteer experiences.

Being a court assigned child advocate is a priceless opportunity. Every child deserves to have a voice. Not from the parents' point of view, not from the caregiver's point of view, not from the case worker's point of view, but from THAT child's point of view. Taking everyone's input consideration of course, but working solely for the best placement of that child who finds themselves in a lonely, vulnerable and fearful situation through no fault of their own.

Proverbs 31:8-9
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.

3 comments:

  1. Such an important and needed Ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are so right, I"m not at a point emotionally where I think I could handle it, but I'm very inspired by you and the others that can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so much respect for you and your dedication to this cause. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo