The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Sunday, April 18, 2010

DRESSES DRESSES DRESSES!

Our friend, Tami was (is still?) doing a fundraiser and was receiving a percentage of sales toward her adoption. The boutique is www.nannyjosboutique.com and "NannyJo" makes the most adorable dresses! So I just had to order one for Katie Grace to help the fundraiser. I ordered the green gingham ladybug dress below along with the knee length ruffled bloomers and hair bow. Obviously the dress below has another child's monogrammed name on it, but isn't it the cutest? I wasn't sure what size to order for a possibly 2-4 year old girl, so I ordered a 3T- I imagine that will work out fine. I unfortunately didn't have it monogrammed for a few reasons, one- I am quite practical and would like to pass it on, and two- what if it doesn't fit? ! Then I have to give it to another little sweetie.



Ok, so I have another confession. I was shopping the other day and I came across some little spring dresses that were marked WAY down. So I bought 3. I haven't been shopping for myself very often anymore as I am saving for the adoption, but I thought I could get something for katie Grace. Besides, it keeps me encouraged to see those little dresses. I really am trying to be confident about this adoption! Well, after all of this paperwork, waiting, and saving- I have to be! Here are the 3T and 2 4T dresses I just got the other day.



After I bought these few dresses, I went to find some of the dresses that I saved from Christina when she was a little girl. Now Christina was a girlie-girl. She LOVED to wear dresses, bows and fancy sandals. I loved to put dresses on her, so we were a match made in Heaven, (although I am a jeans and T-shirt girl myself)! So here are some of the dresses I had saved of hers. I believe there may be more somewhere around here, I just have to find them. Here are all the dresses. She has 3T up to 8 here.

I didn't realize what a jump I had on dresses for Katie Grace. Now watch, she'll turn out to be a rough and tumble- jeans and T-shirt- tom boy! That's okay, I'll take that! Believe me, we don't just do dresses, it just so happened those are what I've saved because almost everything else was worn out. I'll have to go find the boxes and see what else I saved....

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, so I am not the only one who saves the girls dresses and clothes, I still can't part with lots of their things... but my space is running out, so sooner or later I have to give away some of these pretty dresses I still have! But at least here in Africa there are many people who need stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know saving is good but sometimes it helps with the process to buy something for your child every once in awhile, I did that too, and some fits now and some never did, I tell you it was liked therapy, especially when stuff is marked down, at least it helps you believe and carry on longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable dresses. I am with you...sometimes just buying that little dress and taking it home just gives that lift you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. I love the dresses. Keep the focus and God will answer in His time.
    And I will get her overalls, jeans, and Auburn shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love you and am lifting up the little girl who is waiting to wear those dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo