The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Friday, April 23, 2010

5 MONTHS WAITING.........


This old sun dial is a good way to watch time pass! Which brings me to the fact that here we are, 5 months on the waiting list. I read on the adoption yahoo group the other day that several families are now well past their 3 year mark of waiting, with still no sign of referral. This is a bit disheartening. I knew that it could possibly be up to 3 years, but now it is looking more and more like the norm and even extending past that. I know we made a change to a child up to 48 months, but there's no way to know if that is going to shorten our wait any. Only time will tell. Obviously. :) Okay, so I will keep a positive attitude for another month, and then next month I will probably leave a similar post, and well, this will probably go on for a looong while so bear with me!

7 comments:

  1. Hang in there!!! And when we made the jump from infant to toddler, the process sped up immensely!!! We'll bear with you as you wait. We've all been there, and some of us are still waiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there! PRAYING for you to get good news soon and a little face to gaze at! :)

    Blessings,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this part of the waiting is SO hard!! We are praying for your family. In the end all the time you waited will melt away...but I know that doesn't really help right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a long time, well 5 months is half a year, but still that is really a long time. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you are doing is amazing! I admire your patience and dedication to this calling. Someday I'd like to adopt from overseas as well, so thank you for sharing your very real story! Be blessed and I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there!!!

    I know this is easy for me to say but we waited for 3 1/2 years for Ava and once we had her that waiting was long forgotten!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The uncertainity and the wait combined are really TOUGH to live with! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo