The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

RESEARCH



I began looking at photos of children around the world and it has been hard to narrow down what country this particular child might come from. China would be an obvious answer as there are so many orphaned girls, but when I looked at photos from Thailand, I couldn't believe the resemblance! Of course the Philippines and even South America had children who looked similar. Thailand though, continues to pull me. Well, I couldn't get this vision out of my mind and I began feeling a very strong sense that we would adopt internationally. I began researching international adoption programs and gathering as much information possible. (there is a back story to my previous interest in a domestic adoption which I will tell on a later post). Wow! I had no idea what I was in for... programs, qualification, wait times, and THE FEES! Meanwhile, I had told my husband about the vision, of which he was intrigued and of course he believed me, but when I said that I believe we need to adopt, he said something to the effect of, "Are you sure that's what the vision meant?! Maybe we're just supposed to go on a mission!" Now, I can completely understand his response, this was a little bit of a surprise plan for our life. And also, why now, God? In this economy? In Jacob's defense; we married 5 years ago, he is younger than I, and he became step dad to my 2 little ones from my previous marriage. We've already since added one more, so we have 3 kids in a fairly new marriage, so you can imagine our keeping up with everything! Jacob is an awesome step dad, he takes great care with us and he loves the Lord. We talk about everything and we have to be in agreement, so we put this idea to prayer and waited for God to let us know what to do. Three months later, and after another vision (which I will tell soon), the feeling that this is going to happen is even stronger, I can hardly contain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo