The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Monday, May 2, 2011

WE HAVE LOA!!!


We are jumping for joy here at the house today as we received good news!

I was really starting to get weary. We passed 20, 30, 40, 50 days of waiting, and when I asked some others about their wait, someone told me they waited over 100 days for LOA! So last night on the way home from work I said something like this to God, "Ok PLEASE, it has been too long don't let us wait past tomorrow. I don't think I can take it! Please don't make Xi Hua wait any longer!" This morning we got the call on day 60... LOA! Letter of Acceptance. Our final approval.

So this is not concrete, and someone who has recently been through this, please share your timeline from here. But what I am gathering is this: About 2 more weeks for I-800 (immigration) approval. Then perhaps 2 weeks for Visa notification. Then a couple weeks for Visas. Then we wait for TA and plan for travel. So about 12 more weeks-ish??

We are getting closer!!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another step closer! Hopefully everything will go QUICKLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo exciting!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEE YAY!! Congratulations!! Soon she will be home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Praying the next 12ish weeks go by very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!! I am SO happy for you! I can't wait until she is in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is awesome!!!! I can't wait for your daughter to be with her family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee! Hoping you get to travel sooner aftersuch a long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've given you an award on my blog:
    http://admafrica.blogspot.com/2011/05/try-it-mom-tagged-me-in-meme-on-her.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I've been checking and checking to see this good news! Another step closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy!!! Thank you so much!! I have been away from my blog for a couple days, getting a ton of things done around the house and just checked my messages this morning. You are a blessing to the orphan community and I am so grateful that you thought of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH I just got chills all over!!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That's great news!

    I just found your blog tonight and wanted to direct you to The Sparrow Fund (www.sparrow-fund.org). We're actively looking for bloggers to post about who we are and what we're doing to get the word out to adoptive families. Let me know if you would be interested in helping!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am so behind in reading blogs but this post just made my day!!!! Congratulations!!!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo