The Crew

The Crew
Christina, Matthew, Joshua and Katie Grace XiHua

Thursday, May 28, 2009


We have had extremely disappointing news this morning.  In the midst of a merger of our original agency with another agency, their Thailand Program is closing today.  Because the program with Thailand was run through the original agency, the new agency doesn't have an agreement with the country as yet, or something along those lines.  I have been informed that they will try and begin a new Thailand program, but they do not know if it will be approved and how long it will take, etc.  Here are our options as of right now: 
Wait to see if a Thailand program starts up again with this agency.
Or go ahead and begin the China program and wait over 3 years for a referral.
Or consider the Taiwan or Ethiopia programs.
All are viable options.  There are so many reasons, however, why the program we chose/qualified for originally seemed just perfect, and why these other programs have some individual difficulties for us.  However, we will continue on with our adoption and make a decision in the next few weeks as to exactly where we'll be going.  I know it's just a big setback in a long journey, which I know will have a beautiful ending.
We've just completed so much of our Thailand dossier- Dr.s forms, paperwork, notarized letters, our friends did their notarized letters of reference for Thailand, etc.  Now what? 
My heart is broken today.
I know there is a child waiting for us and we just have to keep going.


  1. The journey is long and filled with detours but the story in the end is one that could only be written by God.

  2. So sad to read this tonight. I have intended to call Jacob several times this week so y'all have been on my mind. Whatever God's plan is in this frustrating setback - it is His good and perfect plan for your family. We are thinking of you.


Many hungry children near the boarder of Myanmar and Thailand-click on photo